Side-effects from the use of steroids are extremely common and can be quite significant. Most side-effects are reversible once the athlete stops usage although serious long-term side-effects and even death have occurred as a direct result of steroid use.
• Decreased sperm production and sex drive
• Increased aggression, irritability and mood swings
• Liver disorders
• Baldness (alopecia)
• Hypertension (high blood pressure)
• Raised cholesterol
• Gynecomastia (development of over-sized mammary glands in males)
• Menstrual irregularities (in women)
• Hirsuitism (excessive hair growth occurring in females which follows the pattern of male hair growth, . facial)
• Deepening of the voice
• Reduced immunity
• Possible development of tumors (wilm’s tumor, prostate carcinoma and leukemia have been reported, although a connection is not proven)
Finally, specific advice. If you are looking to juice for the first time, don’t get too complicated! I hear of people going out the first time and running 5 different drugs.. That’s crazy; there’s simply no need to do that, you can only grow so fast and there’s not much gained (except risk) by going poly drug. A great 8-12 week cycle for most men is 500mgs/wk of testosterone and .5 to 1mg 3X a week of Arimidex (depending on how you feel). That’s it. No need to over complicate things! Also, you need to get over any fear of needles. Oral steroids are ALL DANGEROUS because they need to go through your liver, and, because of that, they all stress your body a lot more than injections. It’s not that bad, I’ve been doing it 2X a week for years, you get used to it. Not the highlight of my day, but no worse than a lot of other things! If you just want to be sterile, 250mgs/wk of testosterone with .5 Arimidex 3X a week will do it for most men. That’s a high TRT dose, and will make most steroid newbies grow pretty well; but it’s low enough that most people can stay on it indefinitely. Oh, and, one other thing.. Get some Rogaine. 😉 That’s a real negative side effect of steroids, if you’re predisposed to male pattern baldness, steroids WILL accelerate the hair loss. Rogaine (or Propecia, if you can stand the sides) helps immensely.